Shawnee State Athletics is now accepting nominations for its Hall of Fame Class of 2014. The Class of 2014 will be inducted during the University's Homecoming Weekend. The official Homecoming Game is set for Saturday, February 1, 2014 vs. Georgetown College. In preparation for this event, we are asking for nominations of deserving candidates. Criteria for membership into Shawnee State's Hall of Fame are listed below.
For student-athletes to be eligible, their final athletic season at Shawnee State must have been the anytime up to and including the 2008-09 academic year.
If you have nominated a person during a previous year, those nominations will automatically carry over and be included in the Class of 2014 Hall of Fame voting. Therefore, you will not have to recommend this same nominee.
Please send all nominations to Justin Grube at [email protected]. Questions may also be directed to this e-mail address. Please include as much information about the nominated individual as possible, including name, sport, qualifications and any supporting details/personal recommendations for that nominee.
Categories and Criteria for Membership
Inductees into the Shawnee State Athletic Hall of Fame must satisfy the following criteria:
Section A. Student-Athlete
- Eligible for induction five (5) years after final intercollegiate athletic participation.
- Minimum qualification of one or more of the following: all-conference selection, special conference award recipient, NAIA statistical leader, Shawnee State single season and/or career statistical leader, NAIA national award recipient or other accomplishment
- Must have participated in an intercollegiate program as a junior or senior.
- Must exemplify the academics and community standards of Shawnee State University.
- No more than three (3) individuals may be inducted in this category each year.
Section B. Coach/Administrator/Staff
- Eligible for induction five (5) years after departure from university or have been at the university for at least 15 years.
- Must have coached or administrated for at least three (3) years.
- It is not mandatory that anyone be inducted in this category each year.
Section C. Special Category
- Upon recommendation from the Director of Athletics, eligible immediately due to special circumstances as approved by the Hall of Fame Committee.
- Minimum qualification: must have made significant contribution to the athletics department, team or specific event.